Why You Should Clean Your Toilet Tank
Most people clean their toilet bowl regularly, but did you know that the toilet tank needs cleaning too? The tank can become dirty and full of germs over time. In Jamaica, with our tropical climate, it's even more important to keep the toilet tank clean because mold and mildew can grow quickly.
Easy Steps to Clean Your Toilet Tank
Follow these simple steps to clean your toilet tank and keep your bathroom fresh and germ-free:
- Turn off the water supply to the toilet. You can find the valve near the base of the toilet, usually on the wall or floor. Turn it clockwise to shut off the water.
- Flush the toilet to empty the tank. This will remove most of the water from the tank.
- Put on some gloves to protect your hands from germs and chemicals. You'll also need a sponge, a scrub brush, and a cleaner that is safe for toilet tanks.
- Spray or pour the cleaner into the tank. Be sure to follow the instructions on the cleaner for how much to use and how long to let it sit.
- Use the sponge to wipe down the sides of the tank. This will help to loosen any dirt, grime, or mineral deposits.
- Scrub the inside of the tank with a scrub brush. Pay special attention to the bottom of the tank and any corners or crevices where dirt and germs may be hiding.
- Once you've scrubbed the entire tank, use a bucket or a cup to remove any remaining dirty water. Be sure to get as much of the dirty water out as you can.
- Turn the water supply back on and let the tank fill up. Flush the toilet a few times to rinse out any remaining cleaner and dirt.
- Check the tank to make sure it's clean. If you see any spots you missed, repeat the cleaning process.
And that's it! Cleaning your toilet tank is a simple task that can make a big difference in the cleanliness of your bathroom. Just remember to do it regularly, especially in Jamaica's humid climate.
If you'd rather leave this task to the professionals, we're here to help! Contact New Kingston Cleaning today for expert toilet tank cleaning services. Let us take care of the dirty work so you can enjoy a clean and fresh bathroom.